Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Favorite Book EVER.

That's a tough one. I can say for a fact that my favorite authors are Roald Dahl and Mitch Albom (though I haven't read one of his books in a while.) But I think that my favorite novel that I always keep somewhere nearby is Luna by Julie Anne Peters. I read early junior high so it's an easy read now but it was one of those books that I have fallen in love with, and is one of those books that I could never force myself to throw away. It about a transsexual female, Luna who is trapped inside the body of an 18 year old male, Liam. Each night he very meticulously find the perfect accessories and clothing and transforms himself into Luna. The story is told from his sister's point of view, who shares a room with him, and fully knows his secret. The whole novel reveals Luna's troubles in the past being a transsexual and the adversity she must overcome as well as her slow coming out to the world of her true being.
It was one of the first books that made a lasting impression on me and my perspective on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment