Well, Mr. Interviewer, from the first moment I can remember, I was immersed in nature and the surrounding living environment. The main influence is without a doubt my father, he always used to take me on nature walks and teach how to identify a moosewood from its bark, or a sasafras from its three different shaped leaves. I grew a fascination in plants, trees, and of course animals. My friends were astonished and a bit disgusted when I would excitely catch a garder snake or a daddy long legs (back at the age when an interest in reptiles or insects was a "boy" thing.) Now, having taken Biology, AP Biology and Field Biology, my fascination has magnifyed and I commit myself to learning every tree and animal that I can't identify on my own. It seemed to just fit, I became the president of environmental club, a member of the Climate Change Coalition and the team captain for my envirothon team. I may not have the brain capacity of others on my team but I definitely have the enthusiam. I plan to continue my fascination for the wild and expand my knowledge of biology, hence my plan to major in wildlife biology.
Interesting!! Tell me, what do you do in your free time?
That's a great question Mr. Interviewer. When I'm not doing my homework, I mostly play music. My instruments of choice are the piano and the guitar. I'm self taught with the guitar for about 1 year, I've taken about 5 years of piano and am now teaching it to my 8 yr. old neighbor. I love to go hiking (as metioned before), biking, playing badminton and swimming in the beautiful walkill. Mostly, I turn to music and making art to kill/fill my time. In the summer, I raise monarch butterflies by collecting the eggs from my garden of milkweed plants (the only kind that monarchs eat). Of course, I spend a ton of free time and my friends and family, whether it be going to six flags for the day or sitting around watching Tyra or some other show that needs no mental capabillities. I tend to never be bored, when I find myself feeling bored I make sure to fill my free time with something either productive or interesting. The fact it: I'm full of energy and must be entertained.
Wow. I am just blown away, don't even apply, you are already accepted. Congratulations.
Ah, Fiona, you are so adore. So much to say....
ReplyDelete1. Moosewood? I don't even know what that MEANS (insert quizzical expression here...).
2. You have the brain capacity of ANYONE. Bar none.
3. Self-taught on the guitar? I'm impressed!
4. While you might suspect that I'd be horrified at the prospect of you watching Tyra, I do think that everyone needs a little time to just chill. Actually last night I watched "The Next Food Network Star" (don't mock!!) and totally enjoyed it. Maybe I was just hungry, haha...
5. OF COURSE THE INTERVIEWER WILL ACCEPT YOU. YOU ARE FABULOUS!!!
you are definitely full of energy and life..and you are entertained by just being you! if I was that interviewer no question in my mind...circle accept on that college admission certificate in one second!
ReplyDelete